A Month In The States
Anna and I met in San Francisco for a rare few days vacation together. We took the obligatory cable car ride.
The Golden Gate Bridge at the end of a long hill.
Anna says, 'NO.'
We rented a car and drove south along the coast. Big Sur was breathtaking, as advertised.
We stopped several times to enjoy the view.
We flew on to NY to gather with family. Here, waiting for the subway.
I had a shave at my favorite barber downtown. Sky had a trim.
Eugene flew in for a rare appearance.
The family.
They are old family friends. The boys grew up with Steve and Kathy Yang's kids.
The elder Yangs live near Mako's house in Chappaqua.
It was a festive, New York gathering.
My happy place.
I flew to Savannah to meet Todd, who was staying with his friend, Todd. Brother Todd with his smiling eyes.
I drove on to Atlantic Beach to see Mom. Todd followed a day later. We had a wonderful picnic on the boardwalk overlooking the ocean near Vilano Beach.
Todd and Mom at the Coleman Center at Fleet Landing.
We spent an afternoon on Jacksonville Beach pier watching the men fish for tarpon with live bait.
Enjoying a gin & tonic at the Ponte Vedra Beach Club.
On the deck at the Coleman Center after dinner.
We spent a fun evening at Mark and Sharon's. Mark jumped in the pool after he and Sharon fed us barbecue.
They have a wonderful house.
Then it was time to go back to New York. Tornado warnings were in effect as I drove to the Jacksonville airport. This looked like a funnel forming, but it didn't develop further.
Sky at Joe Allen for dinner.
And Sky at Sardi's.
The final push to get out of Sky's 17th Street apartment.
Hammock time, again.
The view from Sky's new living room, which looks north across the backyards and terraces of Spanish Harlem - though it's not the Spanish Harlem of my college days.
Mako and I had a lovely meal at Olio e Piu in the West Village.
They served the most delicious tiramisu that I've ever had.
Mako inspecting a Tiffany lamp at the Met.
One of the magnificent Tiffany windows at the Met.
The Golden Gate Bridge at the end of a long hill.
Anna says, 'NO.'
We rented a car and drove south along the coast. Big Sur was breathtaking, as advertised.
We stopped several times to enjoy the view.
We flew on to NY to gather with family. Here, waiting for the subway.
I had a shave at my favorite barber downtown. Sky had a trim.
We had a big family dinner at Keen's Steakhouse to celebrate the graduation.
Eugene flew in for a rare appearance.
The family.
Ella Yang and her husband Steve held a wonderful family brunch at their newly renovated Brooklyn home in commemoration of Sky's graduation from college and her nephew's graduation from high school.
They are old family friends. The boys grew up with Steve and Kathy Yang's kids.
The elder Yangs live near Mako's house in Chappaqua.
It was a festive, New York gathering.
My happy place.
I flew to Savannah to meet Todd, who was staying with his friend, Todd. Brother Todd with his smiling eyes.
I drove on to Atlantic Beach to see Mom. Todd followed a day later. We had a wonderful picnic on the boardwalk overlooking the ocean near Vilano Beach.
Todd and Mom at the Coleman Center at Fleet Landing.
We spent an afternoon on Jacksonville Beach pier watching the men fish for tarpon with live bait.
Enjoying a gin & tonic at the Ponte Vedra Beach Club.
On the deck at the Coleman Center after dinner.
We spent a fun evening at Mark and Sharon's. Mark jumped in the pool after he and Sharon fed us barbecue.
They have a wonderful house.
Then it was time to go back to New York. Tornado warnings were in effect as I drove to the Jacksonville airport. This looked like a funnel forming, but it didn't develop further.
Sky at Joe Allen for dinner.
And Sky at Sardi's.
The final push to get out of Sky's 17th Street apartment.
Hammock time, again.
The view from Sky's new living room, which looks north across the backyards and terraces of Spanish Harlem - though it's not the Spanish Harlem of my college days.
Mako and I had a lovely meal at Olio e Piu in the West Village.
They served the most delicious tiramisu that I've ever had.
Mako inspecting a Tiffany lamp at the Met.
One of the magnificent Tiffany windows at the Met.

































0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home