Saturday, January 02, 2016

Christmas and New Year, 2015


December began, for me, with a trip to New York. I visited Nick in Hudson and helped decorate his enormous Christmas tree.

I spent the night on the third floor of his house, as usual, looking over the roof of the converted church.


The view across the street toward the Hudson River with Nick's belfry in the foreeground.

The third floor bathroom, which I love.

I was jetlagged, so woke up around 3 and read in front of the gas fire...

... until sunrise.

Next, I visited Florida and drove Mom around, our usual routine.

Fleet Landing was decorated and festive. It was a short, but wonderful visit.

Sky arrived in Hong Kong before I did. He arrived hungry, so he and Anna had a bite at the airport.

When I got back to Hong Kong, Anna, Sky and I went for cha siu and siu ngo (barbecue pork and roast goose).


We celebrated Sky's 21st birthday dinner at Fireside, in the American Club.

One, two ...

... three!

They know him there.

Sky, playing drums while Christmas shopping.

Mako and Sky testing the massage chairs in Times Square mall.


The weather on Christmas day was beautiful!

The water was exceptionally clear.

True arrived early Christmas morning. Both boys brought laundry from New York!


Christmas morning started at a reasonable hour.

The boys were happy and relaxed and we all opened presents, one by one.

Opening presents.


Sky and I tried out a mini-drone that I bought for Christmas.

Anna's turkey turned out perfectly.

Carving the turkey.


Christmas dinner.

Anna made a lot of wonderful breakfasts, including blueberry pancakes with giant blueberries.

We showed Mako, Nina and Sander the American Club.

We had wonton noodles at our favorite place.


Nina and Sander found the food interesting.


Sander, Nina, Mako and I went for a sampan ride around Aberdeen Harbor.

We took a walk on Victoria Peak to enjoy the view.

We rode the Star Ferry.

Sky.


Waiting for a train in Hong Kong's MTR.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home