Mr. Smith Goes To NYU, 2
The summer is over, but it was a good one.
We visited Mom in Florida and had a great time - staying in a hotel on the beach.
Our moment of excitement: While swimming in the sea we were momentarily caught in a school of fish amid a feeding frenzy by what we think was a small shark.
We also floated down the pristine spring-fed Ichetucknee River with Todd.
Anna got a long-needed rest.
I walked daily past the topless women of Times Square who are causing much consternation in the city.

We visited Sky's big apartment.
True and I had breakfast near Saint Pat's.

The evening before dropping True off at his dorm, we had a lovely dinner at a vegetarian Korean restaurant.
I liked the candles.

True and I had breakfast at Cafe Duke, a frequent haunt, on the morning of the day we moved him in.
Me, stunned by the impending separation.
We moved True into Brittany Hall - a former hotel on Fifth Avenue that is said to be haunted.
We had to wait for an elevator.
Sky helped True unpack.
True and Sky made his bed, his nightly refuge for the next nine months.
True and the old man. We spent the past month and a half together.

We gathered on his bed for a final photo before heading downstairs.
We walked through the Village to a wonderful Italian restaurant for lunch.
We crossed Washington Square Park. I remember hanging out there when I was Sky's age.
Later, Anna gave True a big goodbye, less tearful than the one in Hong Kong.
I retreated to the hammock in Mako's backyard ...

... and stared at the canopy of leaves.
We visited Mom in Florida and had a great time - staying in a hotel on the beach.
Our moment of excitement: While swimming in the sea we were momentarily caught in a school of fish amid a feeding frenzy by what we think was a small shark.
We also floated down the pristine spring-fed Ichetucknee River with Todd.
Anna got a long-needed rest.
I walked daily past the topless women of Times Square who are causing much consternation in the city.
We visited Sky's big apartment.
True and I had breakfast near Saint Pat's.
The evening before dropping True off at his dorm, we had a lovely dinner at a vegetarian Korean restaurant.
I liked the candles.
True and I had breakfast at Cafe Duke, a frequent haunt, on the morning of the day we moved him in.
Me, stunned by the impending separation.
We moved True into Brittany Hall - a former hotel on Fifth Avenue that is said to be haunted.
We had to wait for an elevator.
Sky helped True unpack.
True and Sky made his bed, his nightly refuge for the next nine months.
True and the old man. We spent the past month and a half together.
We gathered on his bed for a final photo before heading downstairs.
We walked through the Village to a wonderful Italian restaurant for lunch.
We crossed Washington Square Park. I remember hanging out there when I was Sky's age.
Later, Anna gave True a big goodbye, less tearful than the one in Hong Kong.
I retreated to the hammock in Mako's backyard ...
... and stared at the canopy of leaves.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home