Saturday, September 26, 2015

What Do We Do Now?

Suddenly without the company or responsibility of children, Anna and I have been somewhat at loose ends. We spent a few days in Chappaqua, where I enjoyed Mako's cooking and her beautiful back yard.

I visited my close friend Nick at his wonderful home in Hudson, New York. He lives in a converted church and rectory.

The church is now a large, multipurpose room with a massive dining table, a Chinese wedding bed and assorted other furniture.


I stay on the third floor of the rectory, which has two beautiful bedrooms and a large library and bathroom. This is the library, with the bedroom that I stay in visible through a doorway. You can move the photo around to see the rest of the room.

I flew back to Hong Kong in first class on Cathay Pacific - my first time flying first class.

They served caviar ...

... and champagne.

An appetizer of crab and mango and avocado.

And steak.

I went to Seoul for an event at the Dongdaemun Design Plaza, Seoul's newest feature, designed by the Iraqi-British architect, Zaya Hadid.

I had champagne and cheese at the top of the Shilla Hotel in Seoul.

The Shilla had the nicest urinals I've ever seen.

Back in Hong Kong, I had business lunches at the beautiful China Club.

We had a lunch for our CEO in the club's library.

Next stop for me: Beijing. Next stop for Anna: Adelaide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home