東京を訪問 (Tokyo Visit)
Anna and True went to Tokyo for a few days and had a very Japanese time. I'll explain the photo above below.
They saw Grandpa Leo, who is going strong at 90.
They ate Marion Crepes, a sort of tradition.
They ate raw egg and rice, one of True's favorites.
The Japanese have special poultry farms that produce these very clean eggs that are safe to eat raw.
To my horror, True slept until after noon - you don't need to fly to Tokyo to do that!
He shopped a bit, removing his shoes as required before entering the dressing room. The attendants then turn your shoes to point out for when you exit.
They ate sushi at their favorite place in Shinjuku.
They noted the odd English, which is all over Asia. I've never understood why anyone making such a sign wouldn't check with a native speaker. You can find native English speakers everywhere. Then again, it would be a shame to lose the quaint novelty of these signs.
They passed the Italian restaurant where Anna met Roger for the first time in 1989. He was younger then than I am now!
They visited the Okura hotel, a very famous place in Tokyo and one that has played its part in all of our lives. I stayed there with my parents in the mid-1980s. Anna and I stayed there with the boys in the late 1990s. Sadly, the hotel is slated for demolition in September - the end of an era.
This is the entrance to the breakfast room at the Okura where we ate when the boys were very little.
The beautiful Okura lobby.
The world map.
They visited a very Japanese restaurant with a floor show that looks like Blue Man Group on steroids.
The lobby of the restaurant.
The stairwell to the dining area.
The place was called the 'Robot Restaurant,' and the floor show was full of lights and anime-inspired characters.
I'm not sure what the story line was but it hardly matters.
Of course, it was very organized.
Oh, thank goodness!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home