Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Outings with Anna


Anna and I have been poking around on those rare days we are both in town and not working. The other day, we ate at Sammy's Kitchen - a funny, old Cantonese 'Western' restaurant. There are several of these around Hong Kong, left over from the 1940s.


Anna had the steak special, which she ordered rare and came almost blue inside, smothered with a sort of peppery sauce. I had prawns, which came in similar fashion. I had Cherries Jubilee for desert, which was coconut ice cream with canned cherries that may or may not have been flambeed in the kitchen.


Another afternoon, we went to Shek O and ate at our favorite open-air Thai restaurant there. We walked through the village, which hasn't changed much since our first time in Hong Kong. The bougainvillea were at the height of their glory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home