Thursday, September 04, 2014

Deep Water Bay

I have been swimming a lot recently. The other morning, I drove Anna to work and on the way back decided to stop for a swim at Deep Water Bay. I haven't been swimming there in about thirty years, though it has always been one of my favorite beaches.

It is right off the road, so I look longingly at it every time I drive past. This particular morning, it was nearly empty and there is parking along the road, so I stopped, changed into my trunks and waded in. The water all along the south side of Hong Kong Island has been beautiful and clear this week.

Riding the brakes and heading for 60!

Afterward, I sat at a beachside restaurant and ordered breakfast. I ordered an iced Yuenyang, a blend of coffee, milk and tea, and an egg, ham and cheese sandwich. It was a wonderful way to start the day - though it was nearly noon by the time I left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home