Thursday, June 05, 2014

Going Swimmingly

Anna and I were both working from home one day this week, so we went to the American Club for breakfast. It is a beautiful place.

Above is a picture of the clubhouse from the lawn. We are thinking of moving into the tower on the right behind the club to save money.

The club overlooks the sea and it was a spectacular day.

The water looked inviting. We had had a red tide in Hong Kong the day before. I had never seen a red tide - an algae bloom caused by the sudden warming of the ocean. The algae is red - in this case bright pink - and collects along the shore. It was really quite beautiful. But the red tide was gone - at least around Stanley.

So after we returned home, I donned my trunks, picked up my beach chair and went to the beach. I spent about an hour in the water. It was heavenly. I love swimming in the sea there.

Mackerel scad were jumping around me - maybe to escape some unseen predator that was chasing them from below. I like to think they were jumping for joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home