Monday, February 17, 2014

Sky On Broadway

In the past three weeks, I've been on a whirlwind trip around the world, from Beijing to New York to Florida to Hong Kong to Phnom Penh to Hong Kong to Beijing and am now back in Hong Kong (pant, pant). I saw Sky several times while in New York. Here he is at Sardi's, a bit of a cliche these days but tradition nonetheless.

We went to see two fantastic shows - Matilda, based on the Roald Dahl book, and Kinky Boots, written by Harvey Feirstein and Cindy Lauper. Both were excellent. We had front row seats at Kinky Boots, from which you could have touched the performers and could peer down into the orchestra pit.

These pictures at Sardi's were taken after Matilda. The 10-year-old girl who played the lead - and was otherworldly in her performance - was at the restaurant with her family. Sky is looking at them here.

I also made a quick trip to Chappaqua where I spent the day sipping tea, talking with Mako and watching the snow sift silently through the trees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home