Sunday, December 08, 2013

Truly Busy

True is in the midst of his Junior midterm, end-of-year crush. He is busy all the time. On Friday evening after school he performed in yet another concert. I was there, this time.

In fact, it was a wonderful concert. At one point, the wind ensemble in which he plays split up into groups of instruments - the oboes, the flutes, the saxophones, etc. - and went out into the audience to play. Each did something different - the saxophones marched slowly along in front of us all. It was great.


I tried to catch it on video, but my fingers and my cell phone failed to comply. This was all I got.

Tim Gavlik, the band teacher, was having fun. He wore a white Santa's beard for part of the concert.

The next morning, I had to rouse True early.

He had to take the SATs at 7:45 back at school.

I dropped him off and watched him rush inside.

He went from SATs to an all-day band festival in town. I didn't see him until he got back that evening, exhausted but happy and looking very handsome in his white shirt and tie.

The weekend didn't end there. We had a big breakfast on Sunday morning - eggs, sausage, fried tomatoes and crepes - and then he was off for a two-hour tutoring session. The holidays will be a relief for him, I'm sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home