Kayaking With True
True and I went kayaking on Sunday. It was beautiful.
I had been asking him for months to come swimming with me at the beach and he finally said he would go kayaking instead.
When the morning arrived, though, he was slow to show enthusiasm. I got him out of bed.
We walked down to the beach road - it's only half a block.
Then we walked up the road to the Stanley Beach Sports Centre, which is next to the beach I swim at. The windsurfers were out and a crowd of dragon boat racers were gathered for a meet.
True started to perk up.
He showed me where to rent the kayaks. It costs just 60 Hong Kong dollars for an hour for one kayak - about $8.
So off we went. The water was beautiful. Silky and cool, only slightly cooler than body temperature, and clear as a bell.
We could see the bottom at 20 feet.
True paddled away.
I followed close behind.
It was hot but only mildly exerting.
We both slipped out of our kayaks for a dip after we had been in the sun for a while. Given my weight, I capsized mine and watching me get back in provided True with some entertainment.
This is my attempt of a panorama on our way back. We live near the beach about where the mountain dips down on the right.
I had been asking him for months to come swimming with me at the beach and he finally said he would go kayaking instead.
When the morning arrived, though, he was slow to show enthusiasm. I got him out of bed.
We walked down to the beach road - it's only half a block.
Then we walked up the road to the Stanley Beach Sports Centre, which is next to the beach I swim at. The windsurfers were out and a crowd of dragon boat racers were gathered for a meet.
True started to perk up.
He showed me where to rent the kayaks. It costs just 60 Hong Kong dollars for an hour for one kayak - about $8.
So off we went. The water was beautiful. Silky and cool, only slightly cooler than body temperature, and clear as a bell.
We could see the bottom at 20 feet.
True paddled away.
I followed close behind.
It was hot but only mildly exerting.
We both slipped out of our kayaks for a dip after we had been in the sun for a while. Given my weight, I capsized mine and watching me get back in provided True with some entertainment.
This is my attempt of a panorama on our way back. We live near the beach about where the mountain dips down on the right.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home