Sunday, February 10, 2013

Boys

After our walk in the park, Sky came uptown to meet us for lunch. We ended up taking a taxi back downtown to a restaurant near his dorm. We sat and ate and talked for a long while.

True and I then went back uptown to Midtown Comics, the comic book store on 40th Street. True bought some Archie comics and a Batman Beyond comic. We then walked up to TKTS and bought tickets to The Mystery of Edwin Drood, a musical that Sky had recommended.

The show was at Studio 54, built as an opera house in the late 1920s and used as a CBS sound stage for years. Captain Kangaroo, a children's show from my childhood, was filmed there. In the 1970s, it became a famous nightclub and I went once on a night that Dolly Parton was there for an after concert party. They had outfitted part of the club with hay bales and a white horse and other animals in her honor. I recognized the layout all these years later.


After a nap, we roused ourselves for the show at 8. It was great though I battled jet lag to stay awake. We stopped at a Ray's Pizza after the show and True had two slices, one of which you can see him devouring above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home