Thursday, June 23, 2011

Boston

The boys and I arrived in Boston late in the evening to discover that there were no hotel rooms available within about a 25 radius of the city center. So what did we do? Go to dinner at Durgin Park!

The restaurant is famous for its prime rib. My family ate there once when I was a kid.

We were all hungry.

I had a glass of wine, much to the chagrin of the boys - who complained that it would make me snore (it didn't).

Sky was worn out and still feeling bit woozy from a fever earlier in the day.

The place was empty as it was close to closing time. We were the only ones there.

The food arrived. The boys opted for salad and pasta, but I went for the Durgin Cut.

It was as good as it looks, if you like beef.

We skipped dessert and relaxed a bit before setting off to find a hotel - an ordeal that took us into the wee hours of the morning. We ended up on the waterfront in Salem, Mass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home