Thursday, July 30, 2009

Montana

I went to Montana for the 60th wedding anniversary of Charles and Caroline in July.

They looked great and seemed very happy.

Charles has had a few knocks, but is still going strong.

Caroline never changes.

Mark and Sharon were there! We celebrated Mark's 50th birthday at a restaurant in Great Falls.

The ranch was beautiful, as usual.

Morning after the rain.

This is the house that Morris and Try were living in when Charles and Mom were born. It consists of two homestead shacks put together. The larger of the shacks, with a peaked roof, was built for Beryl, Morris' older sister. The smaller, with the rounded roof, was built for Marie, Morris' younger sister. Morris put them together sometime in 1928, a year after he married Tryeth.

Charles and Caroline then lived in the house when they first married, 60 years ago.

Todd and I poked around one crisp, clear morning. This old piece of equipment was a plow, possibly a sod-buster. If anyone knows, please tell me.

Looking at the buildings from the West.

Mom and I drove out around Basin to look at the Blackfeet teepee rings. They are settling into the ground and are increasingly hard to see.

Todd, Pierce and I stayed in the trailer that Glen once lived in. Glen was busy preparing for harvest.

The girls, Susanne and Lauren.

Todd and Kathy.

Resa, Isaac and Wayne were there, as were the girls, though I didn't get pictures of them all. Nor did I get a picture of Mary, who was also there. Nor did I get a picture of John or his family.

We had a very brief visit with Garth and Lila. I didn't get pictures of Tyler or Erin.

I did get one of Dylan, though.

We cut our visit with Garth and Lila short because of an approaching storm. I took this picture near their place before Mom and I drove back to the ranch.

Charles entering the shop, as he does every morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home