
I am back in Hong Kong for the first full weekend in weeks and finally saw the pictures of the Easter I missed.

Anna bought flowers for the day and made crepes.

She also bought a supply of fresh white eggs. White eggs are not that easy to find in many places in the world. In both France and China most of the eggs for sale are brown.

After breakfast, she laid out the dyeing supplies ...

... and the boys began.

Sky acted as photographer.

Yellow to start.

Like most people who have done it, I've always loved dyeing eggs. It's a very relaxing activity.

Blue.

The first finished egg.

True at work.

And a bowlful of color at the end. In Serbia, they keep one of the eggs in a special porcelain egg holder until the following Easter. They also bathe children in baths floating with eggs. I like both of those customs.

True had prepared an Easter egg hunt for Sky.

He written out prepared clues. I think Todd or Pierce started doing trails of clues like this for them years ago.

True was literally jumping with excitement. He has always jumped a lot when he is excited. Anna caught this joyful leap with the camera.

Sky worked his way through the clues.

Until, at last he had found all the eggs.

Happy brothers.

I wish I had been there.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home