
I have moved out of the Ibis in North Point to a nicer hotel closer to the office. Before I left North Point, though, I took a walk around the neighborhood. I have grown very fond of it. Above is a picture of fish balls in sauce at one of the many food stalls in the area.

There are several Chinese grocery stores. I never went to this one, but I've always found these places fascinating with their jars and bins and bags of all kinds of dried odds and ends.

I did frequent this place, though. It has all kinds of dried plums and dried olives and nuts and candy. I became friendly with the lady who runs the shop and told her I'd bring Sky and True to see the place when they get to Hong Kong.

In the back she has the expensive stuff: sharks fin on top, dried scallops on the middle shelf and dried sea slugs on the lower shelf.

I like dried plums. These are plums from Taiwan. The ones on the left have pits, the ones on the right are the same, but pitted.

I liked these. It is just the meat of the plum, very sour. The ones on the right come from Japan.

This shop makes soy milk, sweetened and unsweetened.

This is a little bakery. Anna is very familiar with all these offerings.

This is a snack stand. It's difficult to see, but the guy in the center of the picture is snipping steamed rice flour into strips. It's called cheung fan and you eat it with soy or hot sauce. Anna loves that stuff.

This guy is putting fish balls on sticks.

This is a roasted meat shop.

Chicken wings and sweet glazed pork.

This is a big side of crackling pork. It's very good, but not for the arteries.

These are roasted geese, less fatty than ducks.

I ate most of my meals here. The food was very good.

There are vegetables for sale ...

... and even rubber shoes.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home