Saturday, July 05, 2008

Our New Home

I visited the new apartment today. Our furniture won't arrive in Hong Kong until July 20 and I won't get the keys until a few days before that.

I was as pleased with the place as when I first saw it. The main problem is that it has only three bedrooms and so feels like it is missing a room.

The composite picture above is a 180 degree view from the balcony. It's a nice view: mostly green with a distant view of the sea and Lama Island, where I lived briefly in 1993.

This is a view from one of the boys bedrooms showing why they favored this place over many others. It has two pool areas, tennis courts, basketball courts, etc. It is also surrounded by hills with hiking trails. It will be a good place for the boys.

This is the layout. The rooms are not huge, but adequate.

This is the main living area. The marble floor is the dining area. The rest is the living room.

The living room opens onto a balcony and its expansive view.

The master bedroom also has a nice view from a bay window where I imagine we'll put a desk.

Two sinks in the master bedroom, just like Paris!

A shower and a bath, too.

I didn't take pictures of the boys rooms but each has its own bathroom. This one, with a shower, will likely be True's.

This, with a tub and shower, will probably be Sky's.

Off the living room is a door that leads to a guest bathroom and the kitchen.

The kitchen is long and narrow. Alas, no eating in here.

But for the first time in nearly 20 years of marriage (well, 18 and a half), we will have an American-size refrigerator!

In the back, off the utility room behind the kitchen, is a maid's room. We might use this as a guest room.

It has it's own bathroom. There are actually five bathrooms in the apartment! I sort of wish they had devoted some of that space to a T.V. room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home