From Above
This is an aerial view of Hong Kong Island. The harbor is to the north and across the harbor is Kowloon. The strip pointing down and to the right at the top of the image is the old Kai Tak airport runway. It is abandoned now. There is an ongoing debate about how to develop the site. One idea is to turn it into a cruise ship pier.The island to the lower left is Lamma, where I lived briefly when I arrived in Hong Kong in 1993. The Hong Kong business district is on the north side of the island, just to the left of where the harbor dips like the bend in a river.
Our apartment is in the complex that appears as a tiny rectangle about in the center of the island. Double-click on the image to see it larger.
Below is a movie I made that flies from the apartment building out into space. It is marked "Trial Version" because it costs $400 to subscribe to this feature on Google Earth - too much for one movie.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home