Friday, April 27, 2007

Braces

After eighteen not-so-long months, Sky got his braces off today.

Anna and I picked him up at school and drove him to his orthodontist in Neuilly, just outside of Paris.

He didn't say much on the way.
I took pictures. He's very tolerant. True gets mad when I take pictures of him.

Sky's hair is always in his eyes. He doesn't seem to mind.

I always kid him when I accompany him to the orthodontist because he led me way out of the way once when I wasn't sure where it was.

We sat down to wait. It didn't take long.

His orthodontist studied at Columbia University. The office is unusually spacious and very high-tech.
It took about an hour. Anna dozed. I read.
I went to find Sky when it was done.
His gums are a bit swollen, but his smile looks great.

He said his teeth felt weirdly smooth. I remember that from when I had my braces removed.

He still has to wear a retainer when he's not doing anything. But the big work is done.

Now the only teeth we have to worry about are True's ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home