
We went to the Rue de Rivoli this past Saturday for the famous hot chocolate at Angelina, an old institution.

We took the car and parked it beneath Place Vendome. We don't often go to Place Vendome. I bored True with the story about how Napoleon melted down the captured cannons of Austerlitz to make the column in the center of the square.
He wasn't particularly interested.

Maybe he was tired. We got to Angelina and had a short wait in line. Here True is resting, awaiting the hot chocolate.

He took a picture of me.

Finally, the chocolate arrived. It is thick and hot and very, very good.

They serve it with whipped cream.

It's not for the faint of heart.

Delicious.

Anna had been here earlier with friends and wanted us to have the hot chocolate, too.

Afterward, we went for a walk in the Jardin des Tuileries. When we first moved here, the boys were small enough to not look slightly ridiculous on these things.

This is one of my favorite statues in the park. I like the Puss'n Boots.

He looks as I always imagined him.
The statue is by a sculptor named Gabriel Pech, who died in 1930. The subject is Charles Perrault, who wrote the Tales of Mother Goose in the late 17th century. Like most of his fairytales, Puss 'n Boots, or Le Chat Botté, was his version of an old story. If I ever really knew the story, I had forgotten it until now. If you want to read it, you can
here.
True waited for a trampoline to be free. It costs 2 euros for about five or ten minutes.
The hot chocolate sloshing in his stomach didn't deter him from jumping.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home