Saturday, October 07, 2006

The Next Age

True and his friends Kayvon and Peter formed a group called The Next Age and have set themselves to writing and recording songs for their first album. They arrived at the apartment this afternoon each with a song they had written. True wrote his last night, insisting on privacy in the dining room.

It's called "I Must Tell You." The last stanza was added by Kayvon this afternoon and he sings that stanza in the recording they made. During the rest of it, True is singing and Kayvon is singing backup and playing the piano. They used a mike I brought from work and sound mixing software downloaded free from the Internet. They even added guitar to Peter's song and clarinet to Kayvon's song - though none of them can quite play the clarinet yet. I thought they did pretty well for a first effort.

After recording three songs they went back to work writing more. They said they need at least six to make a CD. If they get there, I'll make copies and send them to everybody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home