A Birthday and a Saturday
I didn't go into work on Friday, my birthday. Anna and I spent the day together doing little things. We had breakfast out and bought fruit and vegetables on the way home.
After a leisurely morning, I made a salad for lunch. Then we took a taxi to the Latin Quarter to see a movie.
It was a nice taxi ride, as most taxi rides in Paris are. We passed many landmarks, personal and public. Above is the first Leon de Bruxelles that we ate together at as a family.
We passed the famous Brasserie Lipp, where the waiters give you lip ...
... and the church, St. Germain des Pres, across the street.
The movie theater was at Place Odeon. After the movie, we had coffee at a cafe and went home. We spent the evening with the boys watching Project Runway and the Marx Brothers' Night at the Opera.
The boys had soccer this morning (Saturday). Afterwards, True went to a friend's house and Sky conceded to accompany me on errands in town. Again, it was a beautiful drive, even if the traffic was heavy. The fountains were on in the Place de la Concorde.
This is the Ministry of the Army.
We spent much of the afternoon at a shop that sells engravings near St. Sulpice. Anna had bought me some prints there a couple of years ago and I wanted to return one. The owners of the shop were very gracious about it. Sky was gracious, too, waiting patiently as I pored through thick folders of old prints.
I took this picture of him in the square in front of St. Sulpice. That is the Fountain of Four Bishops behind him.
It took us a while to get home. True was sleeping over at his friend's house so we picked Anna up and went to dinner at a Japanese restaurant. Then we drove to the gelato place we like near the Jardin de Luxembourg. On the way home we stopped at a DVD store and bought some old films. I got Casablanca.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home