Sunday, August 27, 2006

Back in France

















We're back. We had a few days of rest before the school year begins tomorrow. Today, the boys and I went out to do some last minute school shopping. We stopped at a local cafe for a hot chocolate and coffee. True wore his new orange sweatshirt.

The cafe is newly renovated. The barman was silent but friendly.

Sky had a croissant with his hot chocolate.

True had a 'pain au chocolat,' bread with chocolate. He can never have enough chocolate.

I had a double expresso.

Yesterday, we went to the summer carnival that runs near the Louvre in the Jardin des Tuileries. The camera's batteries died before I could take a picture from the top of the Ferris wheel. But we bought the picture that the flume ride took of Sky and me plummeting toward the final splash. We were both screaming.

Sky and True also rode the slide. Ten rides for 10 euros.

They loved it.

The evening before, we ate at Leon de Bruxelles, a mussel restaurant chain. I normally don't like chain restaurants, but I like this one because it has excellent mussels. Mussels are its specialty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home