Sunday, June 25, 2006

Lego

The boys are engrossed in one of their periodic Lego marathons.

It began yesterday, when they announced that they were going to play Lego. It is one of their favorite rainy day activities. They crawl into a cozy cocoon of make believe for hours and hours at a time. Their quiet voices, discussing a hunt for some obscure bit or acting out an imaginary play -- together with the sound of them raking through the pile of tiny plastic pieces -- becomes the background sound of the day. Today, it's joined by the hiss of tires on the wet street outside and the pecking of raindrops at the apartment's large window panes.

They played for hours last night when Anna and I were out to dinner and resumed while Anna and I were still in bed this morning.

They dump the Lego onto a beach towel, to make cleaning up easier. They don't always clean up themselves. Knowing this, Sky generally asks, "Can we dump the Lego?"

It's nice that he asks because as far as I can remember we've never said no.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home