Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Last Day of School!

Ah, the last day. A half day. A fun day. The boys went off, full of energy. True's final hours as a third grader. The end of Sky's sixth grade class. I took this picture of True walking to the bus this morning. Click on it to see it larger.

The end of school actually started yesterday, with True's 'portfolio day,' when parents are invited to see the work the third graders did during the year. Anna and I were a few minutes late. I found True in the computer lab, alone, waiting to show us his computer presentation about insects. He looked like he was ready to cry. He had waited while all the other kids showed their parents their projects and watched while all the other kids and their parents moved on. But I arrived just in time and Anna a little later. Here, True is giving the presentation to her.

Afterward, True joined his friends on the playground. They are a sweet bunch of boys.

I got to watch the famous daily recess soccer match. Roger was one of the team captains. True was shouting, "Roger, pick me!"

Roger did and True showed his appreciation.

The game was on.

Next was the mother-child picnic. I left after I took this picture. Anna had made cucumber maki for True. "Sushi!" he cried.

That was Tuesday. The following pictures, like the first one above, were taken this morning on the way to the bus stop.

Sky led the way.

True followed with Anna.

Sky was in a playful mood.


True lagged behind.

Someday I will miss these morning trips to the bus stop, even though I often want to stay home.

It's a short walk, but a beautiful walk.

The birds were singing in the trees.

In the fall, we sometimes kick chesnuts back and forth on the way. In the winter, we sometimes kick bits of ice.

True does most of the talking at the bus stop.


Recently, he's been talking about who won what in the World Cup games.

The bus arrived and they were off.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home