Train to Spain
We took an overnight train to Madrid on Friday night.
Sky forgot his book, so I bought him some French comics before we boarded the train. Here he is reading one as the train started out from the Austerlitz station. After forty minutes or so, we went to the snack bar to eat. The boys had hot chocolate. Anna had cafe con leche. I had a half bottle of red wine and a plate of cheese and a sandwich with potato and egg inside. It was a Spanish train and nobody spoke French, let alone English, so ordering was an adventure. Anna used her guidebook Spanish. I just pointed.
When we got back, we asked the woman in charge of our car to fold down the beds. It was cozy. Unfortunately, I snored.

In the morning, they boys played with their Game Boys while we waited for the sun to come up. The countryside was beautiful, craggy hills and green pastures covered with silvery dew and crisscrossed by rough, gray stone walls . I think we were in a tunnel when I took this picture.
The compartment was fitted with a little table, which opened to a little sink. The toilet was at the end of the car. It wasn't very pleasant by the time we reached Madrid.

We took a taxi to the hotel and immediately went out for breakfast where the boys had more hot chocolate. The hot chocolate in Spain is almost as thick as pudding. Sky eventually asked for more hot milk.
But True ate his the way it came.
Sky forgot his book, so I bought him some French comics before we boarded the train. Here he is reading one as the train started out from the Austerlitz station. After forty minutes or so, we went to the snack bar to eat. The boys had hot chocolate. Anna had cafe con leche. I had a half bottle of red wine and a plate of cheese and a sandwich with potato and egg inside. It was a Spanish train and nobody spoke French, let alone English, so ordering was an adventure. Anna used her guidebook Spanish. I just pointed.
When we got back, we asked the woman in charge of our car to fold down the beds. It was cozy. Unfortunately, I snored.
In the morning, they boys played with their Game Boys while we waited for the sun to come up. The countryside was beautiful, craggy hills and green pastures covered with silvery dew and crisscrossed by rough, gray stone walls . I think we were in a tunnel when I took this picture.
The compartment was fitted with a little table, which opened to a little sink. The toilet was at the end of the car. It wasn't very pleasant by the time we reached Madrid.
We took a taxi to the hotel and immediately went out for breakfast where the boys had more hot chocolate. The hot chocolate in Spain is almost as thick as pudding. Sky eventually asked for more hot milk.
But True ate his the way it came.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home