Slow Week
We had a quiet, slightly off-kilter week back in Paris. Anna awoke with vertigo on Monday and has suffered through the week on medication that isn't sold in the U.S., perhaps because the doctors here readily admit that they don't know how it works. She seems to be getting better.
That left me in nominal charge of the boys. I didn't do too bad. For one thing, I managed to break Sky's resistance to mayonnaise. True finally started eating mayonnaised tuna sandwiches this school year, but until now, Sky has steadfastly refused to eat anything with even a speck of the stuff on it. They both still swallow ham sandwhiches dry. It drives me crazy.
Anna in her feeble state had a hankering for tuna melts, and so I made her some. It seems that the combination of Sky's hunger (I'm not very good at keeping the boys fed) and the aroma of canned tuna wafting from the kitchen finally overcame his aversion. So, he ate his first tunafish sandwich this week.
This is a picture commemorating the moment. He didn't finish the sandwich.
We also went to cut hair this week. True, in particular, was in need of some remedial trimming after I hacked away at his bangs a couple of weeks ago. We took a taxi to Willy Leyba's salon. Willy is a gentle Filipino man with long locks himself.
Here he is cutting True's hair.
True makes the funniest faces while his hair is being cut. Sky is having his hair washed in the background of this picture. I don't have a picture of Sky's haircut. The truth is, Willy hardly cut it at all.
He cut my hair, though also not much. The next day, True went to a friend's house to play and Sky and I went to a museum and then to my office. Sky took this picture while I was working.
That left me in nominal charge of the boys. I didn't do too bad. For one thing, I managed to break Sky's resistance to mayonnaise. True finally started eating mayonnaised tuna sandwiches this school year, but until now, Sky has steadfastly refused to eat anything with even a speck of the stuff on it. They both still swallow ham sandwhiches dry. It drives me crazy.
Anna in her feeble state had a hankering for tuna melts, and so I made her some. It seems that the combination of Sky's hunger (I'm not very good at keeping the boys fed) and the aroma of canned tuna wafting from the kitchen finally overcame his aversion. So, he ate his first tunafish sandwich this week.
This is a picture commemorating the moment. He didn't finish the sandwich.
We also went to cut hair this week. True, in particular, was in need of some remedial trimming after I hacked away at his bangs a couple of weeks ago. We took a taxi to Willy Leyba's salon. Willy is a gentle Filipino man with long locks himself.
Here he is cutting True's hair.
True makes the funniest faces while his hair is being cut. Sky is having his hair washed in the background of this picture. I don't have a picture of Sky's haircut. The truth is, Willy hardly cut it at all.
He cut my hair, though also not much. The next day, True went to a friend's house to play and Sky and I went to a museum and then to my office. Sky took this picture while I was working.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home